Monday, May 29, 2006

Quiet weekend

wow, it was very quiet here, didn't do anything exciting at all. I did lots of laundry (I have none sitting waiting to be done, that's unusual around here!!) and some cleaning (scrubbed the floors in the bathroom and the kitchen). And just kinda vegged the rest of the weekend.

Friday morning, Xander had his orientation/introduction to Kindergarten (he doesn't go til 2007, but they start early introduction around here). He had a blast. The speech therapist wants to keep in contact with us throughout the next year, as Xander isn't saying some sounds that he should be able to say by now at 3.5 years. And she also recommends that we might want to consider teaching Quinten some sign language, since he is also behind for his age, only real words he says are Mommy & Daddy, and that's only occassionally. He makes lots of sounds, but not words.

After that, the boys and I headed to Lethbridge to do shopping (decided against Cranbrook, only because Jenna needed a new shirt for Sparks, and the closest Guiding store is Lethbridge). So I got her a new T-shirt, and got Cody gloves for soccer (although, according to Des, I got the wrong kind) and all the groceries we'll need for a few weeks, until our next major shopping trip.

Other than that, haven't done much. Gotten a few more layouts done. The first one was inspired by the photo itself, the paper colors just worked perfectly with it!! It was completed for SBB's Font Challenge 05/22 - 05/28: Bernard MT Condensed. The second was for SBB's Late Show Sunday Night Sketch, I had a hard time finding the right pictures for that sketch!! And the third is for SBB's Color Challenge May 29th - June 3rd. Foolishly, I guess I could have used the first layout for this challenge, but I thought I'd do something else, just to be creative and to get another layout done. lol The papers & alphas for the last one were the freebie for completing the Sunday Night Sketch.

papers by Katie Pertiet
photo by Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Playful by Gina Miller
papers and alpha by Sonya Johnston

Thanks Deanna for creating these for Kristin's Creative Team!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a good week! I hope that the end of May brings awesome warm summer-like weather to us here in the East Kootenays, and to everyone else too!!

1 comment:

Melly said...

Love your "Sibling Fun" layout. The dark green of the foliage contrasts so nicely with the smaller pics you used at the top. Beautiful pictures too!