Cody and his friend Ty H. tied for top Math scores in a Canadian National Math League Contest, I believe that they are top in our district only. Of course, the downfall of him being in grade 5, vs. grade 6, they don't post the scores under sixth grade. lolSo stinkin' proud of my guy!!!
The ceremony was also to say goodbye to Jenna's current teacher, Mrs. Carter. After teaching for 30 years (!!!!), she is retiring. We will all miss you, Mrs. Carter! Good luck on your new adventures in life!
Only a few more days til school is officially done for the 2005-2006 year! Tomorrow is Mrs. Carter's actual party (it's a surprise for her!), then Wednesday is Jenna's RCMP bike rodeo and Cody's swimming party and treat. And Thursday is the last day, report cards get issued, and we will learn if the kids advance to the next grade (Jenna to second and Cody to sixth!!). And then Thursday afternoon, Jenna leaves for the Calgary Zoo with her Sparks group (and the local Brownies too!), for their sleepover in the reptile room. Hoping she has a blast! I won't be going, so I'll be sad to miss out on the photos that would make awesome memories, but hopefully one of the leaders or Mom's can send me some!!
2 comments:
congrats momma...great job raisin' some great kids!...
Sonja, though we have never met - I am sure we will someday. Kristin speaks highly of you, and my brother and sister in law live in Sparwood, you say hi if you bump into 'em -Dave and Neti Forsyth! I hear you are going thru a medical issue just now - I'll keep you in my prayers.
Barb
www.lalalime.blogspot.com
Post a Comment