Wednesday, June 21, 2006

where does the time go?

Has another week really gone by? Sure doesn't feel like it! But, I'll try and remember all the excitement this past week for you! heheee

Thursday, Xander had his last storytime. It was kinda sad, but they had fun making presents for Daddy (a notepad with a pencil attached with string). Lunch with the girls was great, even though we had a guy in our midst (it was myself, Trish, Toni, Vicki and Vicki's hubby Wes). Vicki and Wes live in the other half of our duplex, at least for now, they are in the process of moving someplace else. Kinda sad, since their oldest, Trista, and Jenna are the best of friends.

We also had a soccer game in Elkford on Thursday night, to make up for the missed game on the 7th. It's been so rainy and miserable here the past two, nearly three, weeks - and the got good and muddy playing!! There was just enough kids to put them all out, with no swapping. Guess no one figured we'd be playing in the rain (kinda glad I took Cody and Shandi up, otherwise they might have had to forfeit!!).

Friday was a quiet day, hung around the house, didn't do too much. Was trying to save my strength for Saturday - Track Meet in Fernie!!!! Cody was entered in the 800m and the relay. He would have been better suited for the 400m, from what I was told. I missed his first event, I stayed home with the other kiddos until noon, where has Cody bussed in with everyone else at 8am. If I had left 15 minutes sooner, we would have been there for him, but we didn't know times beforehand. During the 800m, Cody was so strong for the first half, leading the rest, and then he burned up all his energy during the second half. Maybe next year though!!! And relay, they did pretty good, grade 5 boys placed third. Probably would have placed higher if Koby hadn't hurt his ankle and had to be swapped out (Koby is a good budy of Cody's, his Mom works at the spa place that Des worked at for a while).

Father's Day was pretty quiet, with Des having to work that night. He spent the day with the kids though, trying to make up for not getting to spend much time with them during the week. And Monday and Tuesday were pretty quiet too. The boys and I walked to the school to pick up the older ones, that's about it. lol

Tonight was Cody's last league game of the season, against Crowsnest Pass, in Blairmore. Tonight was the most aggressive I have ever seen them play!! They didn't win (which means we didn't win a single game all season, but at least they all had fun and learned some new skills!!!), but you can see how much they have all grown in the past few months. So proud of all of them!!!

I won't bore you today with any new scrapbook layouts, I've only done a few (ok, three) this week, been busy spending time with the kids and stuff, since I won't be seeing much of them in 2 weeks. But I will leave you with a few new pics of my kiddos (and one that kinda shows me too)!

Quinten being a cutie in the car on the way to Lethbridge
Can you see me, Xander & Quinten? I'm looking sorta towards the camera,
Xan & Quin are to the right of me - photo by CodyCody, the track athlete / statueQuinten, Jenna, Sidney {blurred for privacy}, and Xander,
cheering on Taylor {Sid's bis sister} and Cody - June 21st/06
Sidney and Xander play together at storytime and playtime,
Sid's mom Gaylene runs both, and is behind Jenna & Quinten.

No comments: