Monday, September 11, 2006

First week of school .... done!

Whew! After two months of lazing about, getting back into the morning routine is hard work!!

Cody is settled into grade 6, says his teacher is "ok", and he's good cause he has all his buddies in his class {which makes me feel sorry for his teacher, I know how those boys can be!!}. Jenna wasn't too sure her first day of grade 2, but she loves her teacher!! Now it's not so hard to leave her in her classroom, although she still wishes Mommy could stay with her, she isn't as sad when I leave anymore. Xander and Quinten have not fully adjusted to the older ones being gone yet, although they do get to see them in the morning, at lunch time and after school, so at least they still get to see them! lol

We are looking into moving into a bigger place, a 4 bedroom duplex instead of the 3 bedroom duplex we are in now. Only downfall ... we are moving to Sparwood Heights! Right now, we live in Lower Sparwood, and I LOVE that we are right by the school and the Rec Centre, and the store, and well, closer to everything!! But, the kids will be able to ride the school bus to school, and at least I have the van and can come down the hill whenever I need to. Yes, sad, I make it seem like it's a huge distance away, but really, it's less than a 10 minute drive away!! lol

And on more new news ... I got a job! Wasn't really looking, kinda said I might find something to do. lol I start today at Overwaitea foods, part time, as a clerk {I believe, the lady who interviewed me is head clerk, so my friend Vicki, who works there also, figures that's what I'll be doing}. Should be interesting!!!

And the week hasn't all been good, on Friday, Cody had his mountain bike stolen from in front of the corner store!! But I swear that boy has horseshoes up his arse, cause his bike is now back in the backyard where it belongs!! Long story short, his girlfriend's Mom's friend was given the bike for her kid, was told it was stolen from Fernie, and she could have it. Thankfully, she didn't want stolen property, and called Mindy {Cody's gf's Mom} for a ride to the police station to turn it in. Needless to say, Mindy called us to let us know her friend had the bike, and we could go pick it up! And who would think things like this happen in a town of less than 5,000 people?!?!! CRAZY!!! So, Cody learned a valuable lesson, learned to appreciate his possesions, and to take care of them {and lock them up if need be!!}, otherwise, you will go without.

I've done some scrapping, for myself and my CT obligations. Speaking of which, I am a guest CT member on Deb Fisher's CT for the month of September!! Her stuff is just amazing!! So far, I've done two LOs with her kits, working on another right now {thinkin' this will also be my week 2 submission to the Digi-Dare Challenge!!}. And I've done a few for Jan Hosford and Eva Kipler's Digirocks CT. And Kristin finally gave us a new kit to play with as well! So, I'm a busy, busy girl!! As usual, galleries are to the right, leave some lovin' if you want!

Off to read to Xander since Quinny just went down for a morning nap {only downfall of back to school, Quin has gone back to two naps a day!!}. Have a good week!

No comments: