Wednesday, August 16, 2006

homecoming and news!

My monsters will be home tomorrow!!! Man, I have been missing Jenna like crazy, and Cody too, and I am sooooo excited that they are coming home!! Jenna has been gone since July 1st, and Cody has been gone for one month. Des' Dad is bringing them home tomorrow, poor things have to drive 9 hours to get here, gonna be wound up from the drive when they arrive. lol Xander and Quinten have been missing them like crazy, chances are, neither will be able to leave their sight for a while without a freakout or two.

And I have some exciting news, but I'm gonna wait til later to announce it! hehehee It's scrapping related though. Just not sure if I can "officially" announce it yet, so be patient.

Last night we had a wicked thunderstorm, which caused a few lightening fires in the mountains. Thankfully, the torential (sp?) rain came right after, and put them out. I actually called in one fire that I spotted on the mountain, thank goodness Des was with me and could communicate what he was seeing, since he used to work as a forest fire fighter, but by the time our forest district called back, the rain had taken care of it. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night, with two little boys in bed with me!! And this morning we had an even more spectacular thunderstorm. Not sure if anything started today, there have been quite a few helicopters flying about. Amazing ... blogger cooperates!!!! These are the mountains behind my house, taken this morning {during and after the storm}, such beautiful scenery!! Even more amazing?!?! These photos were taken only about 30 minutes or so apart! I was trying to get some shots of the wicked lightening, and if you look closely at the first one, you can actually see a bolt of lightening, right above the tallest tree!!!!!!!!

Anyone as much of a reality TV junkie as me?! I was pleased with the outcome of both Last Comic Standing (Go Josh!!!) and Hell's Kitchen (I was rooting for Heather from day one!). Patiently waiting to see the outcome of Treasure Hunters next week (am I the only one who wants the Geniuses to win?!). And Big Brother ... sad that Kaysar is gone, slowly loosing hope for Janelle though. The two of them were my faves, but I don't know anymore. Lastly, ROCK STAR Supernova!!! I am diggin' Dilana soooo much, right from the start! Lukas has improved, and he's Canadian, so he's on the top of my list too. *g* What is up with Zayra though?!?! Ugh, I just can't stand her!
Can't wait for the fall season to start, new shows, returning shows .... Ok, I have an addiction to TV.

Scrapping ... I've done a few more layouts this week. But ... since I've already been greedy posting some pics, and really don't want to tick off the blogger gods, please, go check out my galleries way up there on the right -------------> and leave me some lovin' if you want!

And in parting, a new shot of my smallest monster, enjoying some chocolate cake!

No comments: