Wow, a year has gone by, and a lot of changes have occurred.
My grandma passed away in February, my grandpa followed her in June. It hasn't been easy dealing with their passings. My poor brother is the executor of their estate, but keeps running into roadblocks trying to get everything sorted out. The joys of stepfamilies, not speaking to other family members, not knowing that some even exist. My grandpa's family has a lot of secrets, from what we have learned. Hopefully soon, everything will be straightened out, an we can really move on.
We have had a few major changes occur within my own little family - we moved from BC to Alberta, to a small community outside Edmonton. Des is working in Fort McMurray (6 days on, 6 off, he comes home on his six off). He transferred from the Sparwood Kal Tire to the OTR shop up there in March, and we moved here in June, just as the kids were finishing up their school year. He has more opportunities work wise there, as hopefully soon he can start Assistant Manager training.
I left my job at Equipment Sales & Service in order for us to move, but I have found another job that I am enjoying, now that we are all settled in. I work at CFB Edmonton (Canadian Forces Base). I am a Community Recreation Assistant at the Military Fitness Centre, meaning I work at the front counter, checking ID for all that come in, selling tickets to area attractions, and other fun stuff. It is part-time, but that is fine with me. I average 4-6 shifts a week.
And some more big news, Cody is back living with us!! Since we live about an hour away from his dad's place, he was able to come visit us more and more, but he found after being here for a few days, and then going back to his dad's house, he was really missing spending time with the kids. So he moved back home in the beginning of October. It is an adjustment to say the least, he has been used to having so much freedom at his dad's. That's not to say he doesn't have any here, but we don't live in the city, and there is no public transportation for him to get around. So he is very reliant on us to get him around, and to and from his job in the city.
We also welcomed a new baby into my husband's family - his sister Jackie and her husband Dale had a baby girl in July - Jaidyn Lily. We haven't actually been able to meet her yet, but I get weekly photos of our precious new niece. Hopefully we will get to spend Christmas with them this year.
And finally, scrapbooking - a fear that is a distant memory. I really have had the time or motivation to do much of any lately. My computer isn't liking me, takes forever to load and memory is practically non-existant. Which frustrates me when I do try to do something. Hopefully in the new year, I can get myself a new laptop and get back into things. I do miss my creative outlet.
No comments:
Post a Comment