two months have gone by, with no blog posts by me. What can I say, this year has been kinda crappy for me. In almost every way possible.
I have slowly adjusted to the fact that my grandparents time here with us is numbered. I visited my grandfather in the care home in July ... that was so hard. He is just a shell of who he used to be. I will always remember our special afternoon treats at Wendy's or A&W, playing a game of pool with him, snuggling while watching TV together, afternoons spent splashing around in their swimming pool ... it was very hard to see him as he is now. He has lost a lot of weight, and Alzheimer's is kicking his butt, and quickly. And my poor grandmother, she has been in the hospital, since March of this year. She has maybe been home 5 days total since then. She hasn't seen my grandfather in a few months now, and I know that it is killing her even more than her being in the hospital. And it is so hard being so far away from them! I am 10 hours away, my brother is 7. Thankfully, our mom is right there, but there isn't that much she can do at this point. She has been visiting grandma daily, but can only get out to see grandpa once a month (he is 2 hours from her).
It has also been very hard to not see my first born child in almost a year now. I haven't been able to hug him since he went back to his dad's place at the end of Christmas holidays. And it won't be until December18th until I get to hold him again. It has been very hard for me & his siblings. Thankfully, we talk on the phone every Sunday night, and we FB and text each other all the time. But I still miss him so very much.
We have been toying around with the idea of moving again ... I know, it seems that is all we ever do! But this time, it might be a bit of a move, compared to normal. Des may be given the opportunity to help set up a new tire repair shop, maybe in Newfoundland, or maybe Saskatchewan. Wherever they use large mining trucks, they need large tires repaired. It's still just at the possible stage, but it could be an exciting adventure for us.
I think the only positive adjustment I have made this year is that all my babies are finally all in school now! Quinten started kindergarten this year, and oh my, does he ever love it! His teacher is so amazing, I ♥ her dearly! He has his best friend in the whole wide world in his class, which makes every day a playdate for the two of them. hehehee Xander has moved on to grade 3, and has a few of his good friends in his class (his poor teacher). And Jenna, she is in her final year in Elementary school this year. And she is trying to make the most out of it, by doing everything she can. lol She is in choir, she has done soccer already, & volleyball starts today. She is also doing her babysitting certification right now, which means in just a few short weeks, she will be able to babysit properly! Yay!! Cody also started a milestone this year, he is in grade 10, his first year at a Senior High school. In no time at all, I will have a high school graduate on my hands! Eeek!
I would love to say that I have used this time away from my "life" to scrapbook, but I haven't really been feeling the motivation and the mojo has escaped. I've done a few pages, but mostly just for CT stuff. As it is, I am not on as many CTs (due to lack of completing tasks on my end, I've been a major slacker) anymore. Just Kristin, Julie, Eva & Christy. That's it. Although I do have a guest spot starting in just a few short days! Whoo hooo!
Well, time to head home after a slow morning at work, get to take Quin to the bus when I get home, and then enjoy my 2.5 hours of kid-free time! Finally, after 15 years of being a parent, I get a bit of a break where I am not at work! Yay me!
No comments:
Post a Comment