Thursday, January 29, 2009

mornings = ugh

ok, so I have never been a morning person - even after becoming a mom. I thought I had taught the kids well by staying up a little later at night, and sleeping in longer in the morning. It worked good until Cody started first grade (I lucked out, he was in PM kindy, which was great since that's when Jenna napped - so I could nap too if I wanted to!). Ugh.
Now, I figure we have a pretty good system for weekday mornings:
Cody is up at 7am to shower, Jenna, Xander, sometimes Quinten and I get up 15 minutes later. We have breakfast, getting ready for our day (get dressed, brush teeth, do hair), make lunch, etc. Cody is out the door at 7:50 to catch the school bus, Jenna & Xander are out the door at 8:10 for their school bus. I finish getting ready for work after they leave (straighten my hair, do my makeup, whatever). Then I get Quin to go snuggle with Des for the 30 minutes or so it takes him to fully wake up, and I head out the door at 8:40. Some days it feels like a rush, others, too much time. Normally I don't wanna wake up in the mornings when my alarm goes off, I just wanna snuggle deeper into the bed, snuggled up to Des (aka, the human heater). This past week has been weird though ... I have been waking up before 7am! Not actually getting out of bed, but being physically awake. It has been weird! I haven't been going to bed much sooner, getting more sleep, etc. So why am I waking up so early for no reason??? lol And even more bizarre ... I haven't had the urge to nap this week either! Normally after I come home from work, I eat lunch, and spend about an hour with Des before he goes to work for the day (thank goodness for working opposite shifts - no daycare needed!). And 9 our of 10 times, as soon as he goes out the door for work (1:30ish), I am ready to curl up on the couch and have a snooze!

Anyways ....

Only way to improve my mornings - no kids fighting!!! But that's a whole other story.

--------------------------------------------------------

This week's FOBTY post: Will you keep your New Year's resolution?




You Probably Won't Keep Your New Year's Resolution



Something isn't quite right with the resolution you've selected. Maybe it's time for a different one?

Will You Keep Your New Year's Resolution?

--------------------------------------------------------

And some new LOs:


Kristin Cronin-Barrow - Giggles
Bree Clarkson - Blog Challenge #3


Christy Lyle & Lauren Grier - Funky Monkey
Penny Springmann - All Worn Out: Photograph and Paper Overlays 2
Julie Billingsley - Social Hangups


Christy Lyle - Always & Forever
Kristin Cronin-Barrow - Ornamental Edges
Penny Springmann - Word Jumble


Dani Mogstad - Pop Rocks
Bree Clarkson - Inspired by Kasia: TOTM Nov 08


Kristin Cronin-Barrow & Meghan Mullens - Love Stinks


Kristin Cronin-Barrow - Shimmer Dust
Kristin CB & Traci Reed - A Month At A Time: January
Traci Reed - Arylic-O-Holic
Penny Springmann - Frame Masks #6
Christy Lyle - Circle Date Stamps #2
Christy Lyle & Lauren Grier - Toxic Rainbow
Lauren Grier - Thank You alpha (from her CT call)

No comments: