Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yeah, I suck at posting

life gets in the way and the blog gets forgotten about. what can I say? I need a reminder that this thing needs attention. lol

School is almost done for the year here. My kiddos get their report cards on Tuesday. If all goes well, I will have a 10th grader, a 6th grader, a 3rd grader and a kindergartner come September!! Yup, all four beasties will be in school! Too bad we don't get full-day K here next year, Quin is so ready for full days! He had his orientation last month, and he wanted to go back to school "the next day, and the day after, and forever." He is sooo cute!

We've been busy the past two months with soccer - in the snow and in the rain. Quinten is U6 this year, Xander is U8, and Jenna is U12. We are winding up with that this week - Jenna has her wind-up BBQ tonight, and then a game in Elkford (maybe Kristin CB will come meet up with us?!?). The boys have their wind-up BBQ tomorrow night. And Saturday, all three have their tournament games, thankfully all here, no out of town travel!

And to make this all even better - July 1st our summer holidays start!!! We leave here early that morning to head for "home". If we make it there early enough, the Princess and I will go out for a date that night (to see Eclipse!!!). Friday we head up to Sun Peaks Resort for my SIL's wedding!! So excited!! I will be helping out, taking some photos for the family, since my SIL only has the photographer for the ceremony & posed photos afterwards - no photos of them getting ready, and none for the reception. So I will try my best to capture those once in a lifetime moments for them. Des has been spoiling me with stuff for my camera, preparing for our holidays - a Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6 lens, a power zoom flash, a tripod, a battery grip, some extra batteries, a wide angle lens adapter and I managed to snag a wireless remote for my camera through Amazon, using my SwagBucks!!

After the wedding, we head back down the hill, and drop the three kids off at my Mom's - where they will stay for two weeks - and then they head to my ILs for another two weeks! Yes, Des and I get FOUR whole weeks with no children!!! We will be coming back home for the first week, and then we head out for our two week holiday to Manitoba!! Due to some insane weather that hit Southern Alberta this past month, the main highway that we normally travel on has been wiped out, so we have to take a bit of a detour. We will go visit family & friends, and go to another wedding in Manitoba two weeks after Des' sister's wedding - the little girl that used to babysit for us when we lived in Saskatchewan is getting married!!!  Not too sure what we will do along the way, maybe stop in Moose Jaw and do the Underground Tunnels (since we did one of the two tours last time we went through Moose Jaw two years ago, I want to do the other one now. lol). We will be camping along the way, in Des' parents truck & camper (I so don't do tents anymore!).

I've been doing some scrapbooking - not as much as I would like, but I've been so busy chasing children around. Check out my galleries to see what I've done.
Speaking of scrapping ....

No comments: